Martial Arts Events Include:
- Traditional Forms
- Traditional Weapons Forms
- Open Weapons Forms
- Station Breaking
- Olympic-style Sparring
- Grand Champion Forms
Schedule of Events:
- 8:00 AM – Registration Opens
- 8:45 AM – Black Belt and Officials Meeting
- 9:15 AM – National Anthem and Opening Ceremonies
- 9:30 AM – Competition Begins
- 4:00 PM – Competition Ends (All guest must exit the facility during the changeover.)
- 6:00 PM – Kickboxing event doors open
- 7:00 PM – Kickboxing show begins.
The competitor fees for the 2019 Alexandria Open Championships cover all aspects of competing, observing, coaching, refereeing for this year’s event. We hope that this level of detail will give families a much better understanding of the costs associated with participating in our event.
- Prior to November 1 – Online or by mail: $65 (Registrations must be post-marked by November 1, 2019 to be accepted.)
- At the door – $75
- Ages 4 and Under: FREE
- Youth 5 – 17: $5
- Adults 18 to 54: $10
- Seniors 55 and Better: $3
Coaches, Referees, and Judges
- FREE – For all black belts, instructors, and
coaches who help in making the tournament awesome in every way.
- We respectfully request if you are coming to the event as a team, could your team volunteer some black belts and/or instructors to help with judging and refereeing during the day. We understand that many of your black belts will be there as coaches as well and do not want to intrude on their duties. Having additional help will make the day run very smoothly.
All Festival event proceeds go toward F.R.E.E. Alexandria. Small prices will be awarded to the winners at the end Challenge time.
- Push Up Challenge – $1 per attempt
- Hook Punch Challenge – $1 per attempt
- Speed Kicking Challenge – $1 per attempt
Kickboxing Combined Entry
Do you want to also attend the evening kickboxing event starting at 6:00 pm?
Great! When you register for the martial arts tournament, you will find a box to check to add an entry fee to your purchase. This is a discounted fee than what general spectators will pay when they come to the door.
Do you want to attend the kickboxing show for free?
We need a number of volunteers for Friday setup, Saturday changeover, event operations on Saturday evening, and teardown of the kickboxing ring after the event on Saturday. Anyone who is willing to volunteer their time for duties such as this will be able to attend as a spectator to the tournament and/or the kickboxing show for free.
This year, there will be an outside area around the competition area for spectators, competitors, and families. Please keep all bags, gear, and families in these areas. There will be a warm-up area but please keep the area clear of unneeded items or unattended gear. Please help keep our competition area safe and viewable for everyone by staying out of the center areas of the competition floor and staying seated or kneeling next to each ring area.